• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

You recently stayed at one of a chain of large hotels and encountered a number of problems

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Ester

Mar 30, 2021
Question: You recently stayed at one of a chain of large hotels and encountered a number of problems during your stay. Write a letter to the company’s head office detailing the problems you had, describing what happened when you complained to the hotel staff and suggesting ways the company could improve its service

Dear Sir or Madame

I am writing to you to express my disappointment with the service I received at the hotel located in London. I feel compelled to write to you in order to describe the condition of the room that I was given and the incompetence of the stuff that works in there.

First of all, the room that was assigned to me was cluttered with dust, but that was not a problem at first I thought that somebody had forgotten to vacuum the floor, but I immediately realized that the stuff had not cleaned the room at all when I found hair in the drain of the shower.

On top of that the stuff was really rood and their service really left to be desired, they were really reluctant to clean my room or to move me in another location, it took a long time to convince them to deal with my situation end even more time for them to come and resolve the problem.

On top of it all the restaurant service offered by the hotel opened a full hour after the time displayed on the entrance door of the hotel and the advertisement page of the company that owns the hotel, this was wary frustrating because it made me arrive late to my appointments.

I strongly recommend that your organization kept under constant control all the hotels in the chain and made sure that they were up to the standards that the company seams to provide and I would also appreciate a formal apology letter from the members of the stuff that were disrespectful to me.

Yours faithfully,

Karen, Smith

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Dear Sir or Madame

I am writing to you to express my disappointment with the service I received at the hotel located one of your hotels which I recently stayed at in London. I feel compelled to write to you in order to describe the condition of the room that I was given and the incompetence of the staff that works in there.

First of all, the room that was assigned to me was cluttered with covered in dust, but that was not a problem. At first, I thought that somebody had forgotten to vacuum the floor, but I immediately realized that the staff had not cleaned the room at all when I found hair in the drain in the shower.

On top of that the staff was really extremely rood rude and their service really left to be desired, they were really reluctant to clean my room or to move me in to another location, it took a long time to convince them to deal with my situation end even more time for them to come and resolve the problem.

On top of it all, the restaurant service offered by the hotel opened a full hour after the time displayed on the entrance door of the hotel and the advertised page of the company that owns the hotel, this was wary frustrating because it made me arrive late to my appointments.

I strongly recommend that your organization kept keep under constant control all the hotels in the chain and made make sure that they were are up to the standards that the company seems to provide and I would also appreciate a formal apology letter of apology from the members of the staff that were disrespectful to me.

Yours faithfully,

Karen Smith