PreplyHomeEnglishWriting tass2: In the future all cars, buses and trucks will be driverless.
Julia
Julia

Writing tass2: In the future all cars, buses and trucks will be driverless.

In the future, all vehicles travelling on the road will be driverless and there will be only passengers travelling on these vehicles. In my opinion, the disadvantages of driverless vehicles outweigh its advantages. The proponents of this technology are excited by the supposed advantages of travelling in a driverless vehicle. They claim that driverless vehicles will lead to a decrease in road accidents which is an arguable hypothesis. Moreover, they believe that driverless vehicles will be beneficial for those who want to travel but are unable to drive due to a disability such as blindness or a patient of epilepsy. They also assume that driverless vehicles will reduce the cost of travelling since there will be no driver who has to be paid for their services. They, however, fail to consider its disadvantages in the midst of boggling over this exciting prospect. Firstly, while it is true that the advantages of driverless vehicles are many, the disadvantages are some that may have grave consequences. For instance, we know that driverless vehicles are supposed to rely on modern state of the art technology for its operation and, although the chances of malfunctioning may be low, they are not non existent. Any accident that may occur due to malfunctioning of the vehicle will result in the loss of precious lives. One may argue that the likelihood of an accident would be close to or even less than travelling on a vehicle driven by a person but the uncertainty that arises relying on machinery alone for safe travelling is too much. Moreover, driverless vehicles would lead to loss of jobs for drivers and result in an increase in unemployment and it would be a difficult task to provide alternate jobs to these drivers. Furthermore, driverless vehicles would require high maintenance and yearly, if not monthly, check ups to ensure safe operation which would be a nuisance and expensive as well. In my opinion, these drawbacks of driverless vehicles need to be addressed before this technology becomes common around the world and this will take quite some time before it becomes feasible. In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that there are many potential drawbacks associated with driverless vehicles that need to be addressed before this technology becomes common. The advantages of driverless vehicles can only be appreciated once these queries regarding its operation and safety are fully addressed.

1 person liked this question

4 Answers

4 from verified tutors
Oldest first

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Julia Your question is beyond the scope of this “Questions and Answers” page. For comprehensive explanations, book some lessons to benefit more. Tutors are happy and are there to show you how to do, but not do the work for you. Sign up with me and I'll prepare you for IELTS and assess your writing. https://preply.com/en/tutor/90551/ Best Regards

The answer is:

Placement test

Find out your English level.

Take this 5-min test to see how close you are to achieving your language learning goals.

Cristyna
Cristyna
English Tutor
Professional and friendly TEFL certified Tutor invested in your success.

Hello, Your question is beyond the scope of this Q&A page. I recommend that you sign up with a Tutor to help you. Regards

The answer is:

Jennie
Jennie
English Tutor
Fun and effective English tutor with MA TESOL and 12 years of experience

Hello, Julia! You have many strong arguments attached to your stance on driverless vehicles, and these central arguments are easy enough to comprehend.

I might suggest reconsidering some structural aspects of your essay:

• Your opening and closing paragraphs are a bit brief. However, your first body paragraph could be incorporated into your introduction paragraph. It acknowledges the opposing perspective that you will argue against in your body paragraphs.
  • Next, I would take the 3 arguments you have in your second body paragraph and turn them into 3 body paragraphs with some additional support.

These are some rather large modifications to think about, and you could dig much deeper with a tutor on Preply. I know there are some exceptional Preply tutors who specialize in exactly this type of essay development for high-stakes exams - just search for IELTS or TOEFL, and you’ll find many awesome tutors.

The answer is:

Naeema
Naeema
English Tutor
Expert English lessons with a Native English speaker, professional teacher with more than 3 years’ experience & qualified accountant with more than 4 years’ experience.Business English / General / Conversational English lessons.

Please discuss with a teacher in your lessons for feedback and writing skill tips.

The answer is:

Still need help?

Find an online tutor for 1-on-1 lessons and master the knowledge you need! Prices from just $5 per hour.

Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

English community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online