PreplyHomeEnglishWriting task 2 - Would road safety increase with higher minimum driving age
Gracia
Gracia

Writing task 2 - Would road safety increase with higher minimum driving age

Some people believe that the most effective way to improve road safety is to increase the minimum legal age for driving vehicles. In my opinion, I disagree with this notion and believe that there are many other more effective ways to ensure road safety than increasing the legal age for driving. I will present my reasons in the following paragraphs. Firstly, the minimum legal age for driving is 18 years in most countries around the world, which is quite a sober age, in my opinion, when one knows the difference between good and bad and is solely responsible for his own actions and their repercussions. Moreover, all driving licences are issued after a standard driving test that is to be passed regardless of the age of the applicant. Therefore, all those driving on the road have met the basic requirements that are expected of them to be driving. In other words, all those of minimum legal age know how to drive and are aware of all the rules of traffic. Besides that, I believe, from my own experience, that majority of reckless driving on the streets is committed by middle aged drivers so increasing the minimum legal age for driving would be of no use. However, a better way to increase road safety would be by setting in place strict laws for driving and ensuring the implementation of these laws by the traffic police and punishing those who break these laws with heavy fines and by impounding their vehicles and revoking their licences if the offence is repeated multiple times. In addition to that, increased surveillance and monitoring of traffic through cameras should be done so that drivers are aware that they are being monitored at al times and do not break the law in fear of getting punished. In my opinion, these actions mentioned above are more likely to bear results in regards to enhancing road safety than the suggested change in minimum legal age for driving. In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that increasing the legal minimum age for driving will serve no purpose and other steps, as mentioned above, need to be taken to increase road safety.

0 people liked this question

4 Answers

4 from verified tutors
Oldest first

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Gracia Your question is beyond the scope of this “Questions and Answers” page. For comprehensive explanations, book some lessons to benefit more. Tutors are happy and are there to show you how to do, but not do the work for you. Sign up with me and I'll prepare you for IELTS and assess your writing. https://preply.com/en/tutor/90551/ Best Regards

The answer is:

Placement test

Find out your English level.

Take this 5-min test to see how close you are to achieving your language learning goals.

Cristyna
Cristyna
English Tutor
Professional and friendly TEFL certified Tutor invested in your success.

Hello, Your question is beyond the scope of this Q&A page. I recommend that you sign up with a Tutor to help you. Regards

The answer is:

Jennie
Jennie
English Tutor
Fun and effective English tutor with MA TESOL and 12 years of experience

You have used some lovely sentence structures in this essay, Gracia! You are showing off your ability to create well-delivered complex sentences, which is exactly what you should do on an exam essay.

Here are a few thoughts to consider:

• The last sentence in your opening paragraph could be strengthened with explicitly listing the gist of your reasons in 1-2 sentences. Whenever possible, show rather than tell.
  • The phrase “quite a sober age” jumps out at me as being suggestive of non-intoxicated driving and feels a bit unnatural in this context. This could be revised to a statement about the age of 18 being considered adulthood in many cultures.

There are a few other points that would benefit from a deeper conversation with a Preply tutor followed by a revision of your work and a final review. Although my personal tutoring schedule is currently booked, there are many excellent Preply tutors qualified to guide you through high-level exam preparation.

The answer is:

name

Hi mis can you chack my essey ? if you can , please send me this essey's score Several inhabitants suppose that good way to rise road security is to grow the minimum age since driving cars and riding motorcycles. I totally agree this opinion, due to the fact that it is useful for road motion and person’s life and if road law be clear, not may be accident with road motion. Moreover, laws of road are extremely essential in states, and they are over specified for learners. As well as, if people abundance have not got information about of road emotion, and they may face to problem with way emotion. As a result, a number of inhabitants may stand in malignant issue. Also, government must creating new clear law and on each population must follow it. Consequently, that motion may save a number of humans’ life. For instance, according to the Cambridge university scientists, 10 million residents faced to problem with connected road motion in Japan in 2020. On the other hand, numerous inhabitants can batter learn data about of boulevard act in high age. Also, middle maturity of residents are experience compared to younger generation. If government increase aged age of driving, eventually, it may prevent accident with road gesture. However, plenteous folks do not follow to case of roadway motion and several people have not abundance experienced about of course passage. As a result, numerous drivers meet to issue with way. For specimen, According to the oxford university researchers, 1 billion population have not driver’s license in the world in 2022. In conclusion, I agree in this mind owing to the fact that it is useful for people and it may provide with security of road motion.

Naeema
Naeema
English Tutor
Expert English lessons with a Native English speaker, professional teacher with more than 3 years’ experience & qualified accountant with more than 4 years’ experience.Business English / General / Conversational English lessons.

Please discuss with a teacher in your lessons for feedback and writing skill tips.

The answer is:

Still need help?

Find an online tutor for 1-on-1 lessons and master the knowledge you need! Prices from just $5 per hour.

Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

English community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online