PreplyHomeEnglishPeople are able to use the internet to do an increasing number of tasks
Rosy
Rosy

People are able to use the internet to do an increasing number of tasks

Nowadays, people are able to use the internet to do an increasing number of tasks. Is this a positive or negative development? Nowadays, people are able to utilize the internet to accomplish a great number of their tasks because contemporary internet renders services that could not have been imagined before. In my opinion, this is a largely positive development and should be encouraged. Indeed, nowadays, people are using the internet to do a variety of tasks. Online shopping is one task that has increasingly gained popularity among people. People are able to purchase high quality stuff from a large pool of choices at the click of a button. It has enabled people to avoid wasting time on shopping from malls and shops which is why it has gained popularity among the masses. From my own experience, I find online shopping very convenient in comparison to shopping from malls and markets as it saves time and money, as well, since it does not require me to travel to relevant shops to purchase an item. This has positively impacted the lives of many people around the world. Moreover, other tasks like online banking has gained popularity for the same reasons above, since they prevent the hassle and nuisance that accompanies availing banking services from a bank itself. Internet has made these services more convenient and user friendly. Moreover, internet is available 24/7 and people can utilize its services every hour of the day. For instance, information required about anything is available on the internet and can be attained at the click of a button. Likewise, interaction with people at any corner of the world, including facial interaction, is made possible by the internet at any minute of the day and is one of the most useful services provided by the internet. In my opinion, people using the internet to do these tasks and many other tasks is a positive development and should be encouraged because internet has made such services smoother and more convenient and this is something that should be welcomed in today's fast paced world. In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that the services provided by the internet are rightfully being utilized by people to accomplish their tasks conveniently and should be encouraged even further as it has positively impacted the lives of many.

2 people liked this question

4 Answers

4 from verified tutors
Oldest first

Cristyna
Cristyna
English Tutor
Professional and friendly TEFL certified Tutor invested in your success.

Hello, This is a Q&A forum. What is your question? What help do you need? Regards

The answer is:

Placement test

Find out your English level.

Take this 5-min test to see how close you are to achieving your language learning goals.

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Rosy Your question is beyond the scope of this “Questions and Answers” page. For comprehensive explanations, book some lessons to benefit more. Tutors are happy and are there to show you how to do, but not do the work for you. Sign up with me and I'll teach you essay writing. https://preply.com/en/tutor/90551/ Best Regards

The answer is:

Jennie
Jennie
English Tutor
Fun and effective English tutor with MA TESOL and 12 years of experience

Rosy, you make a number of good points in this essay, and you showcase your ability to use some nice higher level sentence structures.

I would suggest revising this essay with these ideas in mind:

• Your introduction paragraph and the opening sentence of your first body paragraph are vague. Being more specific will show that you have a plan in your writing. For example, you can list some of the services that could not have been imagined before in the introduction so your reader has an idea of what to expect in the body paragraphs.
  • You might want to analyze how often you are using certain words/phrases in your essay. There is noticeable repetition in some places and choosing synonyms or varying how you say certain things will allow you to show off your vocabulary more.

Of course, I understand that vocabulary building is a continuous process! Have you tried the Preply Vocab tool? It’s a wonderful way to quickly practice target vocab from any place you use your Preply app. I would suggest looking for a Preply tutor who specializes in IELTS or TOEFL. They can help you apply the vocab you are learning to your exam essays while also helping you dig into essay strategies.

The answer is:

Naeema
Naeema
English Tutor
Expert English lessons with a Native English speaker, professional teacher with more than 3 years’ experience & qualified accountant with more than 4 years’ experience.Business English / General / Conversational English lessons.

Please speak to your tutor in a lesson for writing tips and guidelines.

The answer is:

Still need help?

Find an online tutor for 1-on-1 lessons and master the knowledge you need! Prices from just $5 per hour.

Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

English community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online