What would happen if world be without the internet?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Spruce

Sep 5, 2021
Hello everyone.

I'm writing because I want to say something about: "What would happen if world be without the internet?".
World would turn upside down, people couldn't work remote, a lot of people lost their jobs and companies would fail.
Online shopping would be impossible and a lot of things you couldn't buy. Gamers couldn't play with their friends as well.
World without have also good site. People would read more books (it's would be useful) and speaking with others people would be more valuable.
Would be less computer addictions and less people would wear glasses.

Let me know what you think about it ;)
Spruce.

Reactions: englishgeek

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Welcome to the forum and thank you for staring this discussion!

I am old enough to remember when there was no internet. It is hard to imagine today what life would be like with no internet. We wouldn't be communicating here. The internet in one way or another has provided me with work and the ability to travel for the past 20 years, which I am forever grateful.

Sure there are some downsides, like internet/gaming addiction but I believe the positives outweigh the negatives.

For anyone reading this who is interested in improving their written English, I think that discussing these kinds of topics is a great way to improve, without necessarily having to write complete essays.

Reactions: Spruce