• We are slowly getting set up here. Why not sign up and get the discussion going?

The charts give information about world forest in six different regions.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Gracia

Oct 10, 2020
The pie charts illustrate figures for world forest in six different areas.
Overall, South America is the region consuming timber most while Africa is opposite. However, the proportion that forest makes up in Africa is the highest, and Asia is the region that contributes least forest to the world.
It is easily seen that Africa is the place where the figure for world forest makes up the highest, at 27%, followed by Russia and North America whose proportion of forest contribution are the same, at 25%. South America, Asia, and Europe are the three areas that have similar figures for world forest, which are 16%, 14%, and 18% respectively.
Regarding the second chart, the proportion of timber used in South America accounted for the highest, at 33%. Also, North America is the second highest region using timber most, just 3% lower than that of South America. Russia, Europe, and Asia are the next three areas that consume timber at the average rate, which are 23, 20, and 18 percent respectively. Africa is the region which makes use of wood least.

Last edited:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Thanks for posting. Do you need help with something?

Is there something I can do to explain the text better?

I would love to help with IELTS related questions.

Gracia

Oct 10, 2020
Thanks for posting. Do you need help with something?

Is there something I can do to explain the text better?

I would love to help with IELTS related questions.
Could you please help me to point out the mistakes made in my essay and give the solution to deal with these mistakes? Thanks!

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
The pie charts illustrate figures for world forests in six different areas.

Overall, South America is the region consuming timber most while Africa is the opposite. However, the proportion that forest makes up in Africa is the highest, and Asia is the region that contributes has the least forest to in the world.

It is easily seen that Africa is the place where the figure for world forest makes up the highest, at 27%, followed by Russia and North America whose proportion of forest contribution are the same, at 25%. South America, Asia, and Europe are the three areas that have similar figures for world forest, which are 16%, 14%, and 18% respectively.

Regarding the second chart, the proportion of timber used in South America accounted for the highest, at 33%. Also, North America is the second highest region using timber the most, just 3% lower than that of South America. Russia, Europe, and Asia are the next three areas that consume timber at the average rate, which are 23, 20, and 18 percent respectively. Africa is the region which makes use of wood least.

My comment:

I don't know the question, so I can't say if you correctly answered the question, but overall your writing is quite good.

This sentence could be written better:

Also, North America is the second highest region using timber the most, just 3% lower than that of South America. Russia, Europe, and Asia are the next three areas that consume timber at the average rate, which are 23, 20, and 18 percent respectively. Africa is the region which makes use of wood least.

North America has the second highest consumption of timber in the region, just 3% lower than that of South America. Russia, Europe, and Asia, which consume timber at an average rate of 23%, 20%, and 18% respectively. Africa has the lowest consumption of wood in the world.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.