• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Task-2 - The way people interact with technology has changed

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

sabita thapa

Jan 10, 2021
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.

In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make?

Has this become a positive or negative development?

These days, technology has changed the way many individuals communicate and connect with each other. This essay will first suggest that technological advancement has made it possible for people to keep in touch with their beloved ones from any part of the world and I believed that this is a positive development because it widened our knowledge.

To begin with, individuals are now able to stay in touch with their families and friends from any corner of the world because of development in technology. This means that distance is no longer a barrier for many people due to the fact that they can share their feelings and talk with their dear ones anytime through online platforms such as Facebook, Viber, and WhatsApp. For example, despite physical distance I can still keep in touch with my family who is in Nepal and my friends who are in England due to availability of social medias.

In my opinion, technology such as the internet and computers have a positive impact in our daily lives because it is an indispensable source of knowledge. To clarify, men and women can get various information on any topics through the internet as well as they can remain updated about what is happening all over the world. As a result, they can expand their horizon in various areas. For instance, a study conducted by the UN showed that the majority of people benefitted with the availability of educational materials and global news on the internet.

In conclusion, technological development is considered to be the most effective tool that helps people stay in touch with each other and is advantageous to people as it is an important source of knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
These days, technology has changed the way many individuals communicate and connect with each other. This essay will first suggest that technological advancement has made it possible for people to keep in touch with their beloved ones from any part of the world. and I believed that this is a positive development because it widens our knowledge.

To begin with, individuals are now able to stay in touch with their families and friends from any corner of the world because of development in technology. This means that distance is no longer a barrier for many people due to the fact that they can share their feelings and talk with their dear loved ones anytime through online platforms such as Facebook, Viber, and WhatsApp. For example, despite physical distance I can still keep in touch with my family who is in Nepal and my friends who are in England due to the availability of social medias.

In my opinion, technology such as the internet and computers have a positive impact in our daily lives because it is an indispensable source of knowledge. To clarify, men and women people can get various information on any topics through the internet as well as they can remain updated about what is happening all over the world. As a result, they can expand their horizon in various areas. For instance, a study conducted by the UN showed that the majority of people benefitted with the availability of educational materials and global news on the internet.

In conclusion, technological development is considered to be the most effective tool that helps people stay in touch with each other and is advantageous to people as it is an important source of knowledge.

Feedback

The introduction, or at least the second sentence if the introduction seems a little muddled. Basically you want to paraphrase the question and give your opinion, if it is an opinion based essay.

I would say "Firstly, ..." instead of "To begin with ..."

I don't think you gave a good answer to the question " In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? "

For sure technology gives us the ability to communicate more and easily with people on the other side of the world, but how has this affected people's relationships?

Think about your immediate family, friends and work colleagues. Do you send texts more now than speaking or meeting them?

Is it easier to send an email to your boss if you want to ask for time off?

Do we miscommunicate more with technology than if we were meeting face-to-face?

I think these are the kinds of things which the question is asking about. How has technology affected the relationship with your spouse/parents? Do children growing up with technology have problems with real interactions with other people?

I was just watching a TED Talk which relates somewhat to this topic: