• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Task 2 and please evaluate - learn foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

hannie

Dec 28, 2020
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Presently, it is common for students to learn a second language. Some experts hold the view about children could benefit from starting learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. From my perspective, its advantages outweigh the disadvantages.There are many advantages in beginning to learn another language at secondary school. At this stage students always notice the importance of being bilinguals. This means that those students are likely to have motivation to learn a foreign language even without others' requirement. By contrast, some students at primary students always have not enough self-discipline so that they cannot focus on learning.

However, l would argue that there are more advantages for kids to start learning a foreign language at primary education.Firstly,pupils always have better memories at young age than older ones. In other words, they can always quick to grasp the meanings of words. Secondly, priamry students could spend more time in learning foreign languages. This is because many primary school students alaways have more spare time than secondary school students who are asked to focuse on core subjects and suffering from heavy studies.learning.Moreover, this makes it possible for them to learn second language easily at primary school as they have learnt knowledge base before. Lastly, it is parents and teachers' duty to monitor their children's learning process. With their monitoring,pupils could gain a sense of responsibility to gain a good command of foreign languages.

In conclusion, learning foreign at primary school in a way gain greater learning efficiency than at secondary school, so that l believe this has more advantages than disadvantages

Last edited by a moderator:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Presently (not wrong but I don't think it is a great way to start the essay) These days, it is common for students to learn a second language. Some experts hold the view about that children could can benefit from starting learning to learn a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. From my perspective, its the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. There are many advantages in beginning to learn another language at secondary school. At this stage students always notice the importance of being bilinguals. This means that those students are likely to have motivation to learn a foreign language even without others' it being a requirement. By contrast, some students at primary students do not always have not enough self-discipline so that they cannot focus on learning.

However, l would argue that there are more advantages for kids to start learning a foreign language at primary education school. Firstly, pupils always have better memory at a young age than older ones students. In other words, they can are always quick to grasp the meanings of words. Secondly, primary students could spend more time in learning foreign languages. This is because many primary school students always have more spare time than secondary school students who are asked to focus on core subjects and suffering from a heavy studies.learning workload. Moreover, this makes it possible for them to learn a second language more easily at primary school as they have built up a knowledge base before. Lastly, it is the parents and teachers' duty to monitor their children's learning process. With their monitoring, pupils could gain a sense of responsibility to gain a good command of foreign languages.

In conclusion, learning a foreign language at primary school in a way gain greater learning efficiency than at secondary school, so that l believe this has more advantages than disadvantages (needs a rewrite).

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Focus on your structure:

Introduction: Introduce the topic, state your opinion. Don't start explaining why in the introduction.

Paragraph 1: Explain why you agree/disagree with the topic.

Paragraph 2: Give another reason why you agree/disagree

Conclusion

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Can you be more specific?l'm sorry ldk how to change.
I would suggest just going to Youtube and searching for "ielts writing task 2 structure" and you should find something relevant. I will try to make my own one when I have time.