0likes
5answers
0 people liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Alexander
Alexander
English Tutor
Native British English teacher

Interesting question! Something about English is that it has a lot of exceptions to its grammar rules, synonyms are not always interchangeable, homophones (words with same pronunciation but different meaning) and of course idioms (group of words having meaning but not deducible from the words in the sentence). However, 'practice makes perfect' so the best way to learn a language is by immersing yourself in it and slowly but surely you will start to master it. Plus, you will find it greatly satisfying to learn one of the most spoken languages in the world!

The answer is:

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Technology challenges Realia presentations

The answer is:

Roberta
Roberta
0likes
2answers

Paul
Paul
English Tutor
Hi, My name is Paul and I am passionate about languages!

Hi Roberta, yes it is correct, but obviously, it depends on how you use it and the context.

The answer is:

Norman
Norman
English Tutor
Certified and experienced tutor and storyteller

Let us start by explaining the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. A theory is an explanation of a situation that is supported by a body of evidence. A hypothesis, on the other hand, is an educated guess which lacks supporting data. The only way to determine the validity of a hypothesis is to devise a number of experiments or compile a body of data which supports the hypothesis and eliminates any other possible explanations.

The answer is:

M
M
0likes
2answers

Left behind after class?

Is the following sentence correct? "I left my book behind after class." What I want to say is...

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

To highlight timeframe instead of the location – Answer this question, “When did you leave your book (behind)?”

1. "I left my book behind after class."
  2. You could also say “I forgot to take my book when the lesson ended” "I left my book behind after class." - Although this statement doesn’t really tell where exactly you left the book (location - classroom or just at school?), it is clear as to when that happened
The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,488 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online