Some people say that the extended family is not as important at now as it once was. Others say that it's worth that not changed because people always

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Dang

Aug 31, 2021
Some people say that the extended family is not as important at now as it once was. Others say that it's worth that not changed because people always need help from their family members.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

It is a common belief that the older
generation in the family is not as important as it once before
However from the point of view of a grandson I believe that grandparents will always be an important part of a family
On the one hand most people want to move out and buy a house after they have enough money and they also stand at high position in society . It is understandable why people choose to live Independence and build their own family instead of living with their parents and their grandparents . Due to generation gap the younger generation 's thought are different from the older generation 's thought . For example the ideas of clothing between these two generation are completely different so young people don't want to listen to old ideas and they don't want to waste their time agruing with old people. Moreover young people have to leave hometowns to have more chance to find a job for the career and future , they want to improve themselves.
While it is undeniable that career and family is important but sometimes young people should slow down to gain valuable life lessons through its most authentic lens from the older generation . Having experienced, our grandparents definitely have more skills and lives lessons than us . For example , life experience which is the children may not know about , their grandparents can teach for them . So that they can understand why people always help each other or when they have trouble with their work , how should they handle the problem .
In conclusion , the extended family is so important even in the past or now

Last edited by a moderator:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
It is a common belief that the older generation in the family is not as important as it was once before. However, from the point of view of a grandson I believe that grandparents will always be an important part of a family.

On the one hand, most people want to move out and buy a house after they have enough money and they also stand at a high position in society . It is understandable why people choose to live Independently and build their own family instead of living with their parents and their grandparents . Due to the generation gap the younger generation's thought are way of thinking is different from the older generation's. For example, the ideas of clothing between these two generation are completely different so young people don't want to listen to old ideas and they don't want to waste their time arguing with older people. Moreover young people have to leave hometowns to have more chance to find a job for the career and future, so they want to can improve themselves.

While it is undeniable that career and family is important, but sometimes young people should slow down to gain valuable life lessons through its most authentic lens from the older generation. Having a great deal of life experienced, our grandparents definitely have more skills and lives life lessons than us. For example, life experience which is the children may not know about , their grandparents can teach for them . So that they can understand why people always help each other or when they have trouble with their work, how they should they handle the problem.

In conclusion, the extended family is so important even in the past or now and the present.

Feedback

I understand you may have copy and pasted the essay, but please try and fix the paragraphs next time. Thanks!

AntonioBF

Aug 31, 2021
I used to be very close with my grandfather. I didn't agree with many things he used to tell me, but I was tolerant with him. He died many years ago. Now that I am 49 years old, I have discovered he was right in many things I rejected. Even if I don't agree with the arguments he gave me to support his ideas, many times the ground thing, his ideas, were right or partially right.
Modern youngsters have a tendency to believe they know everything, and old people are like "subhumans". We have suffered a kind of mental degeneration and we know nothing. They don't see that we have had their age and we know for self-experience the result of thinking and doing what they do. I agree an old man with Alzheimer has truly suffered a mental degeneration and we shouldn't believe what he may say. But most elderly persons are mentally healthy.

Reactions: englishgeek