Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Hân Hân

Oct 5, 2021
While others believe that It is better to get a job traight after school. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Please give me your ideas and score for my essay.

These days, there are more and more students tending to work right after school, thus, the others wonder whether they should choose to continue their studies beyond the school level. From my point of view, it is better to keep on studying further.

On the other hand, the people choosing to work straight after school have a majority of benefits in some ways. Firstly, they become mature and financially independent on the grounds that they afford their everyday living cost such as monthly bills, pay mortgages, food and drinks. Notably, having careers gives them more chance to gain practical skills and real experience while others are sitting in on university or college classes, which could lead to success in their chosen professions. Take the case of Michael Ray, an illustrious American author, businesswoman, celebrity cook who decided not to go to tertiary school and did many jobs after which brings her current achievement.

Nevertheless, there are a large number of reasons why we should keep on higher education. First of all, university or college education gives us the qualifications which almost employers expect. Especially, we are living in an age the job markets is increasingly competitive. For example, numerous applicants are applying for a good position in the same company. Accordingly, by getting excellent degrees, we have more opportunities to compete. Moreover, graduate students are given hopes to chase the top occupations and get a promotion more than these persons do not have qualifications. To illustrate, in Viet Nam, graduate engineers have more prospects to get well-paid salaries and higher positions easily.

In conclusion, it seems evident that both studying at university or college and working right after school are beneficial in their own way. However, in my view, it is more prudent to get graduate degrees.

Fafa

Oct 7, 2021
Not always. Sometimes a good technical course can provide resources that the university couldn't give. It is something personal.
Some people develop their skills taking classes at the university and some of them make progress attending technical courses. It depends on each person.

Hân Hân

Oct 5, 2021
Not always. Sometimes a good technical course can provide resources that the university couldn't give. It is something personal.
Some people develop their skills taking classes at the university and some of them make progress attending technical courses. It depends on each person.
I agree with you. However, nowadays, majority of employers tend to look at the qualifications which universities or colleges give us. Therefore, we should choose the best way for our future.

Fafa

Oct 7, 2021
I believe so. When we know ourselves and which way to take , there will probably be opportunities.

Reactions: Hân Hân