• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Is this really correct?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

beparadise

Jan 2, 2021
I encountered a passage: Arun often watched Nithari killings related to News TV. He would have killed the person whom he suspected was killed. He felt that when no one is found dead then no one will catch him.

In the passage above, there is a sentence "He would have killed the person <whom> he suspected was killed."

I do not understand why "WHOM" is used instead of "WHO", because that is the subject word of the verb "WAS".
Even if "he suspected" is inserted there, it should be like "who you think is right", or "whom you think to be right", I think.

Is this expression "whom suspected was killed" standard, or some kind of exception? Or simply wrong?

source:https://jammuvision.com/2019/02/09/...ler-killed-his-father-relatives-and-wife-too/

alexanderfinn

Feb 16, 2021
I agree with Englishgeek. What is the context of the sentence? It sounds like an over-complication used to illustrate a point of grammar.

Reactions: beparadise