• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Is it correct?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

wmtangc

Jan 3, 2021
Very surprised that we can worship in this place. I have not been to a church in the Mainland a long long time. Thanks God giving me a chance to join the worship.🙏🏻

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Welcome to the forum!

Your sentence is basically correct and I understand your meaning, but if you want me to correct it further, I would say:

"I am very surprised that we can worship in this place. I have not been to a church on the Mainland for a long long time. Thank you God for giving me a chance to join the mass."

Although worship can be a noun, I don't think we can see "join a worship".

I hope this helps.

alexanderfinn

Feb 16, 2021
Correct Sentence: Very surprised that we can worship at this place. I have not been to a church in the Mainland for a long time. Thank you god for giving me a chance to join the worship.
I don’t see a need for a capital letter on ‘mainland’ and we usually say ‘on the mainland’.
When you said ‘thanks God’ it is a common mistranslation. In English it is either ‘thank God’ which is an instruction to thank God, or less commonly, ‘thank you God’, which would only be used in a proper religious context.

Reactions: writeedge

writeedge

Nov 30, 2020
Lorong Ah Soo
www.write-edge.com
I don’t see a need for a capital letter on ‘mainland’ and we usually say ‘on the mainland’.
When you said ‘thanks God’ it is a common mistranslation. In English it is either ‘thank God’ which is an instruction to thank God, or less commonly, ‘thank you God’, which would only be used in a proper religious context.
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I appreciate the opportunity to develop myself.