In some countries, owning a home rather than renting one is very important for people.Why might this be the case?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Emu

Sep 25, 2021
Writing task – 2

In some countries, owning a home rather than renting one is very important for people. Why might this be the case?

Do you think this is a positive or negative situation?

In some countries, the ownership of people’s homes is an essential matter. In these countries, having their own home is important rather than renting one. In my opinion, having your own home is crucial instead of renting it for the following reasons.

First of all, I reckon it is due to as human beings we long after having the stuff to call our own does not matter what it is, but humans always want to claim ownership. This is nothing new and it has been like this through human history, for instance, many countries fought for their ownership from another country. Another reason is that people always tend to remain in their comfort zone, they do not want anyone to interrupt them whatever they do. Nevertheless, if you rent your home you can not even paint without the owner’s permission. In addition owner of the home do not require to pay monthly or yearly payment.
Renting an apartment might be a lot of stressors in people’s life. You can not find all the comforts and facilities you want such as a scratch in a wall can cause a major headache for you. On top of that, you have to rent your home within your limited budget so might not get all amenities.
In another perspective, not owning a home could be a relief when it comes to your finance. As a renter, you won't have to worry about loans or spend a lot of money on buying the property. You also wouldn’t have to worry about market crashing or natural disasters destroying your expensive home.
In a nutshell, as a human, I like we need to have a home, and calling it your own can make that more special. I personally would rather own my house, than whatever happens to everything on me.

Word count : 303

Last edited by a moderator:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
In some countries, the ownership of people’s homes is an essential matter. In these countries, having their own home is important rather than renting one. In my opinion, having your own home is crucial instead of renting it for the following reasons.

First of all, I reckon(1) it is due to as human beings we long after having the stuff to call our own and it does not matter what it is, but humans always want to claim ownership. This is nothing new and it has been like this through human history, for instance, many countries fought for their ownership from another country. Another reason is that people always tend to remain in their comfort zone, they do not want anyone to interrupt them whatever they do. Nevertheless, if you rent your home you can not even paint without the owner’s permission. In addition owner of the home do not require to pay monthly or yearly payment.
Renting an apartment might be a lot of stressors in people’s life. You cannot find all the comforts and facilities you want such as a scratch in a wall can cause a major headache for you. On top of that, you have to rent your home within your limited budget, so you might not get all amenities.

In Looking at the topic from another perspective, not owning a home could be a relief when it comes to your finances. As a renter, you won't have to worry about loans or spend a lot of money on buying the property. You also wouldn’t have to worry about the market crashing or natural disasters destroying your expensive home.

In a nutshell, as a human, I like(2) we need to have a home, and calling it your own can make that more special. I personally would rather own my house, than whatever happens to everything on me.(3)

(1) reckon is too informal for an essay. Please use "I think.." or "I believe..."

(2) I am not sure why you say like here.

(3) This sentence doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: Emu