Ipshita
0likes
6answers
0 people liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Ipshita I was lying on my bed I was lying in my bed

Check for more information here: https://preply.com/en/question/laying-in-bed-or-lying-in-bed-41430 Best Regards

The answer is:

Swam Htet
Swam Htet
0likes
3answers

In a sentence "It matters to me", Is "to me " a adverbial phrase?

I want to know about this sentence structure.

Victoria
Victoria
English Tutor
Certified TEFL Tutor with Two Degrees in Law and International Relations | Native Speaker | Fluency and Pronunciation Coach

Hello Swam, a helpful way to think about adverbs is that ' they describe something about a verb.'

Examples I came here yesterday. The lady used to live here. James said it in a polite way. Jenny was walking so quickly.

The adverbs describe the verb.

So to answer you: No, ' it matters to me' is not an adverbial phrase... unless perhaps the sentence is, ' It matters to me how you speak.'

I hope that helps.

The answer is:

Paul
Paul
English Tutor
English teacher for 30+ years

Hello, Ashok. Prepositions require some work. It is impossible to answer the question without knowing the meaning of UNO. If it a building, it would be "in. If playing soccer, you would be "on" the pitch. If you are discussing UNO with someone, you would say "about." Many of us here at Preply would be glad to help you with a better understanding of using the English language. Find a tutor you might like, and click the Contact Tutor link, and let us work with you. Best wishes, Paul L.

The answer is:

John
John
1likes
4answers

He goes to office in bus

Rewrite correctly

1 person liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

He goes to the office by bus He goes to his office by bus

He goes to the office in a bus He goes to his office in a bus

The answer is:

Ahmad
Ahmad
0likes
3answers

In which, at which, of which, on which, by which, with which, to which .etc

I need a full explanation for the role: prepositions + which. What is the meaning of all which types...

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Engineer Please check this link for some relevant information. https://preply.com/en/question/in-which-of-which-at-which-to-which-41421 Best Regards

The answer is:

name
0likes
3answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Your question is not quite clear. Help the tutors to help you

Without more information:

Based FROM usage is considered incorrect. Common usage does not necessarily make it correct

“Based in" is used to indicate the location or station of an entity "Based in" implies the major operations of a business or entity is contained wholly or primarily in that city. "Based in" also suggests that the subject works in the given location most of the time.

Based in - The HQ is based in New York City This company is based in New York City

"Based at" - Based at JFK International This company is based at JFK International

Best Regards

The answer is:

Yehor
Yehor
0likes
4answers

How to use OF if we use it to show a possession ? Can we just skip it ?

Disabling of the machines that may affect the process OR Disabling the machines that may affect the ...

Michelle
Michelle
English Tutor
IELTS Coach🎓| Energetic Conversations🤗 | Job Interviews✔️ - 5 years experience 😎

Hi Yehor.

You could say: Disabling of the machines that may affect the process.

But you can't say: Disabling the machines that may affect the process.

In this case, it would be more correct to say: Disabling the machines may affect the process.

You can remove the word "of" from the first sentence, but if you do, you need to remove the word "that" as well.

The answer is:

XYZ
XYZ
1likes
8answers

She was sad to part ________ her parents

Fill in the blank with suitable word.

1 person liked this question

Jasmin
Jasmin
English Tutor
Licensed Professional Teacher with 13 years of Experience (IELTS/Kids English/Conversational English)

From

The answer is:

sumanth nani
sumanth nani
0likes
4answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi sumanth nani Would you like to make your question clearer? Help the Tutors to understand your request then they can help you. If your question is correct as it is, then it probably belongs to a different subject page. Best Regards

The answer is:

Fuhnwi
Fuhnwi
English Tutor
Master English with ease with a fun, easy going and flexible tutor.

She went into great detail on the culture of the indus valley. We use into great detail in order to discuss or describe everything about something including the small or unimportant parts involved.

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,643 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online