IELTS WRITING - TASK 2

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

onebew1234

Jan 18, 2021
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
It would be argued by some that children should be sent to school to learn how to become the best version of themselves in their future. In my opinion, however, This should be taught by their parents.
On the one hand, there are a number of reasons why some believe that school is the reasonable place to train children to important citizens for the society. The first reason is that school offers a great amount of knowledge to pupils. In addition to the courses of natural and social science, children are also taught soft skills such as behavior, communication, etc. Gradually, this might help them form an efficient lifestyle and handle difficulties per day easily. Another reason is school is the destination having private regulations that children have to obey. With the rules set by educational groups, this could put children into social standards that bring more benefits for them in the future.
On the other hand, I would argue that it is pretty awesome for children educated by their parents. Firstly, parents are the closest people with their son, therefore, adults could observe children obviously. This might help them be oriented and given a lot of helpful advice from my parents who underwent and possessed helpful experience historically. Secondly, the school contains a huge number of students, so it can not ensure the quality of the whole pupils. With the significant figure, education is not enough officer to manage per students, therefore, children may be easy to go the wrong direction in their career.

In conclusion, although some people think that students should go to school to learn helpful skills that are more beneficial in their pathways, I personally believe that parents are just the primary people of their orientation

Reactions: Sylvia Flores

Sylvia Flores

May 7, 2021
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
It would be argued by some that children should be sent to school to learn how to become the best version of themselves in their future. In my opinion, however, This should be taught by their parents.
On the one hand, there are a number of reasons why some believe that school is the reasonable place to train children to important citizens for the society. The first reason is that school offers a great amount of knowledge to pupils. In addition to the courses of natural and social science, children are also taught soft skills such as behavior, communication, etc. Gradually, this might help them form an efficient lifestyle and handle difficulties per day easily. Another reason is school is the destination having private regulations that children have to obey. With the rules set by educational groups, this could put children into social standards that bring more benefits for them in the future.
On the other hand, I would argue that it is pretty awesome for children educated by their parents. Firstly, parents are the closest people with their son, therefore, adults could observe children obviously. This might help them be oriented and given a lot of helpful advice from my parents who underwent and possessed helpful experience historically. Secondly, the school contains a huge number of students, so it can not ensure the quality of the whole pupils. With the significant figure, education is not enough officer to manage per students, therefore, children may be easy to go the wrong direction in their career.

In conclusion, although some people think that students should go to school to learn helpful skills that are more beneficial in their pathways, I personally believe that parents are just the primary people of their orientation
I agree with you that parents should be the primary educators because they are the child's primary environment before school. And then the child spends most of his time at school, and there the child is formed as a member of society, it is at school that he learns to express himself, to express his point of view, to behave properly in relation to others. But the basics, of course, are formed at home, if parents drink, use foul language, thereby setting an example of proper treatment in society, the child will behave in the same way.
As for the fact that school gives a lot of assignments, I think it is right. A child should be able to cope with them independently and not wait for help from outside, it's a kind of self-organization. That in life is very necessary, to be able to prioritize, to organize their time properly. And extracurricular activities outside school should also be available, so that the child learns something new, reveals himself, his potential, so that in the future he can decide in which direction to move, which university to enter and which department, and then what career path to pursue.