IELTS Task 2 - Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Chandima

Sep 26, 2021
Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research business and academic others believe that this info is too important to share??? Discuss both views & give your opinion.

Science is grappling with too much secrecy. Although many argue that sharing research manuscripts among society is crucially beneficial, others counter-argue holding a particular date should be essential. While I espouse the latter, both views will elaborate on below.

The reason why experimental papers should not be published is threefold. Firstly, scientists lose the first-to-publish opportunity as others may collect the said information online and innovate a naval concept consuming them. Secondly, researchers may not prerogative to achieve the blue-ribbon prizes if they expose all the updated documents without corrective measures. Ultimately, the insufficiency of infrastructure resources such as storage and online transferring speedy connectivity. For example, even if forwarding heavy test papers through a high-speed broadband connection is vital, most scientists have not possessed such standard internet connections as they are not affordable. Considering the above facts, the truth of holding the validated scientific test reports cannot be under-calculated.

Publishing all the experimented big data, on the other hand, is significantly crucial to many other researchers who engage in the same fields of testing, as withholding test figures may have counter-intuitive consequences if further being withheld. For example, Coronavirus was innovated firstly by the British under a patent then submitted to worldwide laboratories for in-depth experiments. Therefore, allowing many to study and learn is inevitably worthwhile. The more release of data, the higher the advantageous to the society.

In conclusion, I believe, continued hardworking, enormous failures, uncountable efforts, and sleepless nights dedicated to a new experiment in achieving robust results are the features of innovations of scientists whose dedication should not underestimate. As such, government must initiate proper protocols and facilitate these valuable treasures for future usage which will be beneficial globally.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Science is grappling with too much secrecy. Although many argue that sharing research manuscripts among society is crucially beneficial, others counter-argue holding a particular date(1) should be essential. While I espouse the latter, both views will elaborate on below.(2)

The reason why experimental papers should not be published is threefold. Firstly, scientists lose the first-to-publish opportunity as others may collect the said information online and innovate a naval(3) concept consuming them. Secondly, researchers may not prerogative(4) to achieve the blue-ribbon prizes if they expose all the updated documents without corrective measures. Ultimately, the insufficiency of infrastructure resources such as storage and online transferring speedy connectivity. For example, even if forwarding heavy test papers through a high-speed broadband connection is vital, most scientists have not possessed such standard internet connections as they are not affordable. Considering the above facts, the truth of holding the validated scientific test reports cannot be under-calculated.

Publishing all the experimented big data, on the other hand, is significantly crucial to many other researchers who engage in the same fields of testing, as so withholding test figures may have counter-intuitive consequences if further being withheld. For example, Coronavirus(5) was innovated firstly by the British under a patent then submitted to worldwide laboratories for in-depth experiments. Therefore, allowing many to study and learn is inevitably worthwhile. The more greater release of data, the higher the advantageous it is to the society.

In conclusion, I believe, continued hardworking, enormous failures, uncountable efforts, and sleepless nights dedicated to a new experiment in achieving robust results are the features of innovations of scientists whose dedication should not be underestimated. As such, government must initiate proper protocols and facilitate these valuable treasures for future usage which will be beneficial globally.

Feedback

(1) What do you mean by date? Maybe you mean data?

(2) I will elaborate further on both views. or Both views will be elaborated on below.

(3) I think you mean novel. Novel - new and original, not like anything seen before.

(4) prerogative is a noun, so your usage here is not correct, it needs to be used with a verb.

(5) Maybe you mean Coronavirus vaccines?

I don't know if you can use the argument about lack of internet connectivity amongst scientists. Is this really true? It just seems a strange argument in my opinion.

I don't think your reasons for not publishing the data were clear enough (paragraph 2). Your arguments for releasing the data were clearer. You also gave a good example with the Corona virus vaccine.

I hope this helps. Let me know your thoughts on my feedback!