Explore tutors

2 questions found on English Exams & Tests

PreplyHomeEnglish

2 questions found with subject English

Eccentric
Eccentric
0likes
7answers

Email Writing format when we write it on a paper (usually in exams)

Hello! I usually get confused about whether we have to write the To and subject while writing an ema...

0 people liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Claudia
Claudia
English Tutor
IB & Standardized Test Tutor with 21 yrs. + experience

If you are doing this to complete a writing task in school, or for the IB for instance, you will definitely be better off if you write the ¨to¨ and ¨subject¨(even the date and time) because this way you will show your examiner that you know the text type conventions. Make it look as similar as possible to the email frame you get when you write an email from your email account.

Also, this might be helpful: Language B in the IB grades the email format with these 3 conditions in mind:

• must maintain a clear sense of the fact that the message is addressed to a person
  • will have an appropriate OPENING salutaion
  • will have a proper CLOSING salutation.

Lastly, do not forget you register, tone, context, audience and purpose.

If you take all this in consideration, you will get a perfect score!

The answer is:

Pavlo
Pavlo
0likes
9answers

Should I take TOEFL or IELTS exams?

Which one is most valued by employers?

0 people liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

name
English Tutor
Tutor

They're both good for 2 years, so it really doesn't matter if your school/company isn't telling you that you have to take a specific one. They just have different questions and strategies.

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,488 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online