email to admission committee

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Mizan88

Jul 12, 2021
I wrote the below email for the Admission Committe. Could anyone please correct the writings:

Dear ABC

I applied to School of Economics for PhD. I applied for Semester 2, 2021. I have not received the admission decision.

It will be challenging for me to start studying in Semester 2 2021, even if I do the required courses remotely (offshore study) due to COVID19. To pursue a full-time PhD, I must take study leave from my institution. I will be very grateful if you consider me for Semester 1 2022 instead of Semester 2 2021.

That being said, If I have to start in Semester 1 2021, I am up for it as well. But in this case, I have to continue my work (I teach undergrad students) and do courses at the University of ABC.

Look forward to your kind reply.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Sure and welcome to the forum!

I would write it like this:

Dear ABC,

I applied to the School of Economics to study a Ph.D. I applied for Semester 2, 2021, but have not received any information yet as to whether my application has been successful.

It will be challenging for me to start studying in Semester 2 2021, even if I do the required courses remotely (offshore study) due to COVID19. To pursue a full-time PhD, I must take study leave from my university where I am currently teaching. I will be very grateful if you consider me for Semester 1 2022 instead of Semester 2 2021.

That being said, if I have to start in Semester 2 2021, I will be ready. If this is the case, I will have to continue working (I teach undergrad students) while studying at the University of ABC.

I look forward to your kind reply.

Regards,

Reactions: Mizan88