PreplyHomeEnglishDifferent ways to say I have no money
Julia
Julia

Different ways to say I have no money

Here are some different ways you can say you don't have any money. Feel free to share any expressions you may know. - I'm broke - I'm short of cash - I'm skint - I'm penniless - I'm low on funds - I don't have a pot to piss in (very informal/vulgar) - I don't have two nickels to rub together (informal) - I don't have a cent to my name - I do not have a brass razoo (Australian slang) - Money is tight - I am out of dough - I am poor as a church mouse - I am living from pillar to post

2 people liked this question

4 Answers

4 from verified tutors
Oldest first

Cristyna
Cristyna
English Tutor
Professional and friendly TEFL certified Tutor invested in your success.

Hello, You have answered your question. Those are the different ways to say, "I have no money." Regards.

The answer is:

Caroline
Caroline

I need money to pay my bills so i dont have credit,or other money in my bank left plse i really wnt to play and if i win then u can take yours plse

Xinhao
Xinhao

WHO are you

Umar
Umar

Umar Ibrahim tahir

Umar
Umar

Ok

Umar
Umar

I need a money

Umar
Umar

In my account

Placement test

Find out your English level.

Take this 5-min test to see how close you are to achieving your language learning goals.

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Julia I'm not sure if you have a question here or if you are just sharing information. Best Regards.

The answer is:

Jennie
Jennie
English Tutor
Fun and effective English tutor with MA TESOL and 12 years of experience

Nice examples, Julia! I enjoy the variety of phrases and idioms you have collected.

A great way to continue collecting more expressions and idioms is to watch English videos/shows and listen to podcasts. I would recommend collecting both the expressions and some notes about the context in which they were used. This context can help to guide you toward more natural use.

As well, it’s always good to get an expert opinion. I would suggest bringing these expressions to a Preply tutor who can help you judge when it is most appropriate to use different expressions like these. Also, I know of some great vocab collections in the Preply resource library that can be used to continue developing and expanding your natural language use.

Just search for a Preply tutor who shares your interests, and I’m sure your development will skyrocket!

The answer is:

Naeema
Naeema
English Tutor
Expert English lessons with a Native English speaker, professional teacher with more than 3 years’ experience & qualified accountant with more than 4 years’ experience.Business English / General / Conversational English lessons.

I am living from pillar to post = not used for no money

(we use these below in South Africa)

I am living from hand to mouth

I live on peanuts

I am earning below the breadline (we use this in South Africa)

The answer is:

Still need help?

Find an online tutor for 1-on-1 lessons and master the knowledge you need! Prices from just $5 per hour.

Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

English community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online