Compulsory vaccination - do you agree?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
I am posting this here to try and stimulate some discussion and give people an opportunity to practice their writing, without having to write a whole essay.

It seems like some governments are making vaccinations compulsory for travel.

What is the situation like in your country?

Do you agree that everyone should get a vaccination to travel?

Please share your thoughts!

Reactions: Huyen Cao

Huyen Cao

Aug 5, 2021
I strongly believe that people should be vaccinated before travelling because as we all knew, the covid-19 pandemic is getting more and more serious in many parts of the world. The number of people getting infected by the virus is huge which puts a strain on the country's health care system and as a result, millions of people have died due to lacking medication and proper care. In addition, vaccinations will help people reduce the possibility of getting infected when travelling to other nations, and if a person accidentally gets infected, he has a high chance of survival compared to those who are not vaccinated.

Reactions: englishgeek

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. What is the situation like in your country?

Huyen Cao

Aug 5, 2021
To tell you the truth, my country is suffering from the fourth corona outbreak, positive cases have been increasing day by day and the number of people who died also go up, unfortunately. That said, I strongly believe that my country will soon recover just like we did during the first, second, and third outbreak as every one of us is strictly following the government's instructions such as doing social distancing, exercising every day to boost our own immune systems, and so on.

Trusha

Aug 23, 2021
I am strongly against compulsory vaccinations. I believe at the end of the day it should be the individuals choice and not forced upon us. We cannot be forced to do something we do not want to but if we do not then we are restricted to even enter the restaurants, which is very wrong of our Government to put so much pressure on people. If you had not had Covid so far then why take the vaccine?! Just continue to be careful and precautious.
For me personally this is a joke. In my country they are pressurizing people to vaccinate and they really do have such an organized system, but when it comes to other things that need such commitment, they are not interested. For example, our Licensing Department does not function at all. This has been an ongoing thing for years and our Government is just not interested in trying to implement an organized system. Yet, when the vaccinations started rolling out, immediately priority was given and everything was well systemized. And yes, some may argue that it is two totally different situations, and yes I agree, but it is the principal behind it. Why cannot other things take as much priority?
It makes one think that there is a more sinister plan behind all of this. 😕

AntonioBF

Aug 31, 2021
I have been vaccinated, but I understand people who doesn't want. First of all, a pacient has the right to reject a treatment, how is it possible not to have the right to reject a vaccine? I believe also this won't be the last one. They say there are variants of the Covid partially resistant to the vaccine. So they must be trying to find a new vaccine for the resistants one. So sooner or later they may force us to take a new vaccine, then there will be a new variant and so on.
I thing the main difference are the media, including internet. At the begining of the pandemic, the media terrorized us and so, politicians did what the did. Now the terror is not so big, so politicians are more worried about demonstration of people against more restrictions of freedom.

I agree with Donald Trump, no matter what people may think of me. We must take reasonable precautions against the virus, but not exagerated. Many african countries are close to famine due to the pandemic, or better said, because of the exagerated precautions. It is true the global warming is also one of the reasons. But without the crazyness because of the pandemic, this couldn't happen right now.