Can you revise this for me and show me where do I need to improve?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

xuankhanh

Jun 19, 2021
Topic:
“Some people say that all popular TV entertainment programmes should aim to educate viewers about important social issues.”

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

In this era of technology, there is a huge widespread of using television across the world, therefore, there is often an opinion that all well-known entertainment programs should incorporate educational content into their shows as a way to enhance the awareness of audiences about vital social problems. In my opinion, I partly agree with this belief as it has both positive and negative consequences.

To begin with, integrating information about social affairs should be in an engaging way to gain beneficial impacts. Citizens would usually like to update the news in society, which related to various topics such as political or environment, through the media channel. Consequently, they can somehow be aware of the potential risks from that problems to have a better life. For example, in Vietnam, a channel called “ABC” performs a play with simple content about the world’s affairs every week, as a result, TV viewers can both watch the performance and update the issues in the community excitingly.

On the other hand, adding important social issues exceedingly can become counterproductive. In fact, most individuals seeking a TV program to entertain themselves after their hard-working moments in the day, hence, they will find the show boring if it aims to educate them about different problems around the world and the viewership will also decrease gradually.

To sum up, in my opinion, the producers should not integrate too many happenings in the society into the TV leisure programs since it can reduce the number of audiences. Instead, they can update the information on any news broadcasts to have an effective outcome.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
In this era of technology, there is a huge widespread of using television(1) across the world, therefore, there is often an opinion that all well-known entertainment programs should incorporate educational content into their shows as a way to enhance the awareness of audiences about vital social problems. In my opinion, I partly agree with this belief as it has both positive and negative consequences.

To begin with, integrating information about social affairs should be in an engaging way to gain beneficial impacts. Citizens would usually like to update(2) the news in society, which related to various topics such as politics or the environment, through the media channel. Consequently, they can somehow be aware of the potential risks from that problems to have a better life. For example, in Vietnam, a channel called “ABC” performs a play with simple content about the world’s affairs every week, as a result, TV viewers can both watch the performance and update the issues in the community excitingly.

On the other hand, adding important social issues exceedingly can become counterproductive. In fact, most individuals seeking a TV program to entertain themselves after their hard-working moments in the day, hence, they will find the show boring if it aims to educate them about different problems around the world and the viewership will also decrease gradually.

To sum up, in my opinion, the producers should not integrate too many happenings in the society into the TV leisure programs since it can reduce the number of audiences. Instead, they can update the information on any news broadcasts to have an effective outcome.

Feedback

(1) You should say "widespread use of ..."

(2) This is not the correct usage of 'update'. When we talk about news in this case you could say 'inform'. For example, "People want to be informed of the latest news happening in their town or region".

(3) Happenings sounds strange here. Maybe you could say "topics".

I think you answered the question well and had some good arguments on both sides. You gave a good example also.

Your grammar is quite good, but you used a few words out of place.

Reactions: xuankhanh