Becoming an English Tutor

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

LouieShill

Jun 28, 2021
Good Afternoon

I trust all is well, I was up with my partner last night discussing potential business ideas, then we both believe we struck lightning with this idea & we want to run with it, however I'm looking for more advice on it, the idea is for me to become an english tutor, so i want to ensure everything is shiptight so I've been looking into the insurances, I ended up going with AXA business insurance, I've spent the last 24 hours looking into a bookkeepers & finally found one, however is there anything else you all think I need to ensure professionalism? I'm thinking electronic invoicing/contracts?

If anyone has advice or experience in this field it would be extremely appreciated!

Yours

Louie

Last edited by a moderator:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
I think a great deal depends on whether you are teaching online or in person. The first consideration I think most new tutors would have is where and how to find students, as well as deciding on a curriculum to use.

Will you be teaching online or in person?

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
I would get a professional website done. Maybe with some business cards printed also. I would also set up a booking feature on the website where students can sign up for and book online lessons and possibly pay for them all on the website. It will cut down a lot of admin work for you. You could also set up an LMS (learning management system) where students can log in to your site, preview the lessons and submit their homework.

LouieShill

Jun 28, 2021
I would get a professional website done. Maybe with some business cards printed also. I would also set up a booking feature on the website where students can sign up for and book online lessons and possibly pay for them all on the website. It will cut down a lot of admin work for you. You could also set up an LMS (learning management system) where students can log in to your site, preview the lessons and submit their homework.

Yeah thats what I'm doing! I've also thought about doing some PPC ads but after reading articles about click fraud, I am a bit worried.