Divyansh
1likes
4answers
1 person liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Mehran
Mehran
English Tutor
Certified IELTS Teacher and Mentor with 9 years of Teaching experience Ready To Tutor

Hello can you clarify your question please ? or at least mention some options ? because there are countless answers for this blank space All the best

The answer is:

name
0likes
3answers

Change the tense as instructed inserting auxiliary verbs if required :

1 It sees us. (Past participle) 2 Eckels twitched his mouth. (Present tense) 3 He looked at his feet...

0 people liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi

Past participle of SEE is SEEN Present tense of TWITCH is TWITCHING Future tense of LOOK is WILL LOOK Past perfect of JERK is HAD JERKED

Now go on and complete the sentences Best Regards

The answer is:

Jake
Jake
0likes
22answers

has started and had started?

What is the difference between both?

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Jake

Auxiliary (or Helping) verbs are used together with a main verb to show the verb’s tense or to form a negative or question. Auxiliary verbs are so called because they help to form the various tenses, moods, and voices of other verbs. The principal auxiliary verbs are HAVE, be, and do.

“HAS” is the third person singular present tense of the auxiliary verb “HAVE” while “HAD” is past participle and the third person singular past tense of the same auxiliary verb “HAVE” Both are transitive verbs, but “HAS” is used in sentences that talk about the present while “HAD” is used in sentences that talk about the past.

PRESENT PERFECT he/she/it HAS STARTED (third person singular)

PAST PERFECT I HAD STARTED

The answer is:

Muhammad
Muhammad
Tutor
0likes
46answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Muhammad Here is the information to help you understand the differences between “shall” and ‘should”, and “will” and “would”. I used repetition and hope you will find explanations to suit your level. Best wishes. To understand the difference, we need to first understand what “modals” are and how they are used. Modals are helping verbs. A modal verb gives more information about the function of the main verb that it governs. A modal verb or a modal auxiliary verb is a verb that indicates modality- likelihood, ability, permission and obligations.

The answer is:

name
2likes
3answers

"could you do me a favor" or "can you do me a favor"

I've heard people use both, and I'm not sure which is correct. Thanks!

2 people liked this question

Sara
Sara
I have experience teaching Kids to read and write in Arabic & English

They are both correct the only difference is that saying could is more polite to say than can when asking for a favour.

The answer is:

Pscenglish
Pscenglish
0likes
2answers

WOULD RATHER

Which of the following four option suits "I would rather you .................." correctly? A) danc...

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

“Would rather” can be used to talk about preferences. It always compares two actions and shows preference for one over the other. With reference to self: I would rather visit my mother, than watch a movie If one person would prefer another person to do something, then ‘would rather’ is generally followed by a past tense. I would rather you phoned after 10 o’clock than phone before. - I'd prefer you to phone after 10 o’clock I’d rather you hadn’t phoned me at all than phone me at work. I’d rather you remained silent than speak! – I prefer that you didn’t speak at all! Thus the best option is: C) danced than sing (One person would prefer another person to do something, then ‘would rather’ is generally followed by a past tense) "I would rather you danced than sing means: I would rather you danced. I would rather you didn’t sing - I'd prefer you to dance than to sing

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,488 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online