9 sentences to correct

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Juju333

May 14, 2021
1. He tried to play it off as if he was joking.
2. My dad never takes into account my opinions. He dismisses me all the time.
3. I don't want to talk about this anymore! Stop! The subject is closed!
4. I'm ok driving for 2 hours but for 6 hours in a row! That's a bit much! She'll have to drive at some point too! I won't be the only one!
5. That's a bit much of him to do that! He's got some nerve!
6. They're always displaying their happiness on their Facebook, they are so annoying (can I use flaunt or show off?)
7. He still doesn't want to come to the party next Friday! He is standing by ? (or :he remains unshakable, he really sticks to his guns!??)
8. I really admire Jess for sticking to her guns during college, and not submitting to the peer pressure of those around her to drink or do drugs. (or give into would be preferable?)
9. Yeah just scratch your ass like no one's here Bob! ^^

Thank you so much.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
6. Yes, you can say something like "they are always showing off" or "they are always flaunting their wealth".

7. "Standing by" would not work here. You could say something like "There is no way to change his mind".

8. "giving into peer pressure" sounds better.

Sorry for the delay in replying!

Juju333

May 14, 2021
No worries, thank you!

I don't know if I need to create a new thread, you'll tell me. :)
I have three more please:

1. I've never loved my sister, she's always been mean to me. So I have literally no obligations towards her.
2. He's a real womanizer! Trust me I know something about that! (or just "I know about that!")?
3. They pretend they love each other, but it's just a facade. (not the truth)

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Next time, please start a new thread.

1. This is ok.
2. This is ok. When they write "I know something about that", it means they have personal experience.
3. This is ok too. Façade - false appearance that makes someone appear better than they actually are.