NeuAbc Cricket Media
NeuAbc Cricket Media
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and multi-media products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning platform, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
Neusoft is China’s largest information technology provider, providing innovative IT-enabled solutions and services to meet the demands arising from social transformation as technology helps shape new lifestyles for individuals and new values for society.
Neusoft was established at Northeastern University, China in 1991. Today, Neusoft has about 20,000 employees worldwide, with 10 software R&D bases, eight regional headquarters, a comprehensive marketing & service network covering more than 60 cities across China, and subsidiaries in the United States, Japan, Europe, the Middle East, and South America. It was the first listed software company in China, and the first one in the Chinese industry to receive both CMM Level 5 and CMMI V1.2 Level 5 certifications.
Dalian Ruidao Education Information Technology Co., Ltd. (NeuPals) is a Chinese subsidiary of CM Media Group (Cricket Media). In October 2012, CM teamed up with China’s most important partner, Dalian Neusoft Holdings Co., Ltd., to form NeuPals, which is dedicated to exploring the Chinese education and media market. Currently, NeuPals is solely responsible for the CM Media Group’s China operations.
NeuABC combines Neusoft’s corporate commitment to be “simple, respectful, responsible, cooperative, and honest,” with Cricket Media’s core values of “encouraging critical thinking, cultivating problem-solving skills, and advocating communication and digital skills.” In response to the growing trend of globalization, NeuABC is designed to advocate cross-cultural and cross-regional communication and collaboration through internet technology, to cooperate with a number of educational media organizations and Internet companies to create high-quality children’s reading content and digital products as an entry point, and to build a community of exchanges and collaborations for primary and secondary school students and educators around the world. In 2017, Cricket Media integrated its rich North American educational resources to bring high-quality North American foreign teachers and pure immersion English learning to Chinese youth through the NeuABC platform, and to build an international collaborative learning experience that transcends geography.
- Experienced teachers of ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a Foreign Language) are the most suitable candidates.
- Must speak English at an idiomatic level and be a resident of the United States or Canada.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, candidates with an Associate's Degree will be considered. Most suitable candidates have an accredited teaching certification or ESL certification (e.g., TESOL, TESL, TEFL, etc.). Candidates willing to complete course to receive accredited certification within 6 months of the hiring date will be considered.
- At least 4 peak hours a week availability for tutoring (early mornings Mon.–Sun.7:00 am – 8:30 am ET, evenings Fri. and Sat. 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm ET)
- Experience teaching or volunteering with children (ages 3-13)
- In addition to classroom/online experience, 11: tutoring experience ideal.
- Comfort and experience delivering online instruction and teaching objectives in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to effectively utilize teaching tools, including ClassIn, PDF, PowerPoint, etc.
- Access to high-speed internet capable of transmitting seamless video and images.
- Professionalism and professional attire required.
NeuAbc schedules classes for you. As remote tutors, successful candidates will teach online EFL lessons as independent contractors working from home. Tutors typically work at least 4 hours per week, usually in the early morning or evening hours, based on client volume and needs. The children, ages 3–12, will be excited to practice English with their tutors in an engaging, interactive 1:1 online setting. Classes are 25 minutes long. Scheduling is flexible. Teachers create their own schedules, and NeuAbc books classes according to the schedule set by teachers. Teachers can cancel classes up to 24 hours before the class.
NeuAbc uses the teaching platform classin
NeuAbc has a 24/7 support desk available to teachers through the Ding app. On Ding, teachers can speak to their personal help desk, communicate with the teacher community, receive newsletters, and check class material. Teachers can also communicate with NeuAbc through email. We have an excellent teacher community of facebook where teachers can ask questions, share resources, get the latest news, and share teaching tips.
Children are aged 3-12 and are located in China.