Organisations and Associations
«« Other Organisations
National ELT Accreditation Scheme of Australia
NEAS Australia is the national accreditation scheme for English Language Teaching centres in Australia: schools that provide English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
NEAS has been the accrediting body for ELICOS institutions since 1990 and is recognised by State and Territory governments of Australia. In 1998, by arrangement with the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs, NEAS accreditation was extended to approved providers of Australia's Adult Migrant English Program.
The broad aim of NEAS Australia is to establish and uphold high standards of service provision in English Language Teaching in Australia.
Many of the schools accredited by NEAS are members of English Australia (ELICOS Association).
Click here to select NEAS accredited schools in our directory of Australian schools.
NEAS has established a set of quality standards and criteria for the provision of English language programs. These have been developed in close consultation with governments, industry providers and the TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) profession.
The standards set out accreditation requirements in the broad areas of management and finance; learning environment; specialist staff; curriculum and assessment; and student services. Institutions seeking accreditation are required to demonstrate compliance with the standards in all respects. Institutions accredited by NEAS Australia undergo annual monitoring to ensure that quality of service provision is being maintained.
Why study at a school accredited by NEAS?
- NEAS is the only accreditation scheme for English Language Teaching in Australia recognised by State and Territory Governments.
- NEAS is a national scheme and accredits ELICOS colleges in all sectors - private colleges, university language centres, TAFE ELICOS centres, private secondary schools.
- NEAS accreditation means that your college meets national quality standards.
- NEAS makes regular visits to accredited colleges to inspect them and to ensure that the standards are being met.
What can you expect at a school accredited by NEAS?
- Limited class sizes;
- Professionally qualified English teachers;
- Up-to-date teaching methods and materials;
- Approved curriculum;
- Advice on further studies;
- A monitored accommodation service;
- Special supervision arrangements for accommodation
of students under 18;
- An orientation program on arrival;
- Organised social and cultural activities;
- Welfare counselling.
Further information from:
Level 1, 231 Miller Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
Tel: +61 (2) 9954-6077
Fax: +61 (2) 9954-6153
NEAS Australia website: www.neasaustralia.com
«« Other Organisations
Related categories in the Web Directory
The world's largest travel network for students and young people
If you broke it, lost it,
need it cheap or just
can't find it anywhere
else, find it at eBay!
Electronic Dictionaries and Translation Software from Ectaco.com
BBC America Shop
Books, Videos, Music
and other cool stuff