«« Other Organisations
International Association of Teachers
of English as a Foreign Language
|Linking, developing and supporting|
English Language Teaching professionals worldwide
IATEFL, the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language, is the UK-based professional association for English language teachers worldwide. It provides a wide range of services and events for teachers of English, including:
- An annual International Conference with a programme of talks, workshops and a chance to see all the latest publications and services in a full ELT resources exhibition. At the conference, teachers can meet leading theorists and writers, and exchange ideas with professionals from all sectors of ELT.
- A range of regular publications, including IATEFL Issues and the newsletters of the IATEFL Special Interest Groups (SIGs), with news on the latest ideas in teaching and learning English, and on developments in the field of ELT.
- Reduced rates for professional journals such as the EL Gazette, Modern English Teacher, ELT Journal and English Teaching Professional.
- Associated professional organisations worldwide in more than seventy countries.
- Help in forming or broadening a local teachers' organisation by associating with IATEFL.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that enable teachers with similar interests to share ideas and make contacts worldwide through newsletters, symposia and other activities in Britain and abroad.
There are currently fourteen IATEFL Special Interest Groups, each with its own website:
Further information from:
University of Kent
Kent, CT2 7NY
Contact: Glenda Smart, Executive Officer
Tel: +44 (1227) 824430
Fax: +44 (1227) 824431